Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken Burgers

Sometimes when I'm laying in bed at night, I get ideas of things I want to try and make and this burger is one of those ideas that came to life!! I'm just soooooo happy about it too!! There is just something about having an idea.....a vision if you will......and then seeing that vision come true!! *wiping tears* *sniff sniff*

lol....ok enough of the mushy stuff....lets talk burgers!! Oh.....btw....I made the english muffins here for these and you can either use those or use a bun for these burgers, whichever you like!!

Also, I ground down 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts for these, because I didn't have any ground chicken on hand. You could substitute ground turkey if you wanted to. I know I've mentioned this before, but by grinding your own, you do know exactly what parts of the chicken are in your ground chicken!! ;)

For the Burgers:
1 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground chicken or turkey
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, fresh or canned
1/2 cup red onion, diced finely
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 T teriyaki sauce (I made my own, recipe to follow)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, grated on micro plane
1 tsp freshly grated ginger

For the teriyaki sauce:
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup xylitol)
1/4 cup crushed pineapple (optional)
2 cloves freshly grated garlic
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger

Teriyaki Mayo Sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 T teriyaki sauce

Assembly:
1 tomato, sliced thin
6 pieces romaine lettuce
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
6 slices swiss cheese
6 english muffins or roll/buns of your choice

For the burgers:

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix all burger ingredients in a large bowl and form into 6 burgers. Bake on baking sheet for 20 minutes. During the last minute place swiss cheese slices on burgers to melt.

For the sauce:

Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil. Then lower heat to medium and let simmer until reduced and thickened.

For mayo:
Stir mayo and teriyaki sauce together.

Assembly:
Spread mayo mixture on bun, then burger patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, and top with bun. Eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment