Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Peach Crisp

Do you wanna know what I love most about cooking......well besides the pure adventure of it all........that what I make depends on what I buy that is great and fresh at the store!! That's what I LOVE!!

I mean come on let's face it.....would I make peach crisp in the middle of winter......no probably not....because I wouldn't walk into Trader Joes and see the most gorgeous box of fresh organic peaches!! But that is what happened and that is why I made peach crisp!!

Ahhh.....and it was heavenly!!


Ingredients:

  • 4 -5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour, divided
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 cup butter, cold
  • Optional: Whipped or ice cream

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Mix peaches, cinnamon, sugar and 3 tablespoons flour. Add to dish.

Mix rest of flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter. Sprinkle butter mixture over peaches. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.

Best served warm with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment