Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pork 'Cubano' Panini

Pork, pickles and melty cheese. That could be all that I type and EVERYONE should want to make this....right???? I mean pork meat alone is the meat of the Gods (for the record I believe in God and only one God, but how could I possibly describe a meat so wonderful as pork with out saying it is the meat of the Gods) I'm gonna write a song about pork, and its glorious beauty, its wondrous taste its utter marvelousness. So this 'cubano' has all the ingredients that you would find on a typical Cuban panini if you went to a Cuban restaurant. Its got roasted pork, slice ham, swiss cheese, and pickles. Yummy for my tummy!! So last night a made a pork butt roast and today I made these with the leftovers!!

1 lb pork roast, sliced 1/4" thin
4 ham slices, halved
8 dill pickle slices
8 slices swiss cheese
4 long sandwich rolls
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup mustard
2 cloves garlic, grated on micro plane
butter for pan

Slice rolls in half if needed. Mix mayo, mustard and garlic in a bowl. Spread sauce over one side of each roll. Slice cheese in half and put one halved (one slice) slice on the bottom of each roll. Next put the roasted pork meat, then the ham, then the pickles. Now top with the other halved cheese slice. Put the top roll on. Butter your panini maker, if you do not have one you can just fry in frying pan, or if you are like me....I have a large cast iron griddle pan and a hand press with the grill lines on it. I just place my hand press on the griddle pan while its heating. Place sandwiches on panini maker and close lid. Brown until a deep golden brown color and the bread is very crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment