Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Shrimp and Grits....oh my....

I've never made this before....well obviously I've made shrimp before, but never grits. And I must say I really liked it!! As you can see by the photo....we had asparagus too.

So grits are just like cream of wheat....in my opinion. Just the savory way!! Good stuff. I just made them according to the package directions, then added 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and about 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese. Oh and I used chicken broth instead of water. Super easy and super delicious!!

Shrimp

1 lb cleaned deveined shrimp
2 T chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp dried oregano

Mix all spices together then sprinkle over shrimp and mix around to cover evenly. Fry shrimp in hot frying pan with about 2 T of oil. Cook until cooked through about 7 minutes. Pour over grits and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment