Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hello Cream Puff....come to mama

Well....what is there to say about cream puffs other than.......OMG!! It's funny too cuz I made so many that I shared with all my neighbors and they all thought I was baking all day and did all this work....but really....they are soooooooo easy to make!! Not complicated AT ALL!! I even made homemade whipped cream to fill them with. I also doubled my recipe which is why I had enough to feed the whole neighborhood!! ;)

I know some people put pudding or custard inside too, but I like whipped cream!!

Homemade Whipped Cream

1 qt whipping cream or heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar (more or less depending on taste, I used xylitol you can use regular or powdered)

Put all ingredients in stand mixer and beat on high until stiff peaks form.

  • 1/2 cup butter

  • 1 cup water

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

  • 4 eggs

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees



  • In a large pot, bring water and butter to a boil, making sure all of the butter is melted. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Pipe cream puffs or drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment paper.



  • Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.



  • When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the whipped cream, or use a pastry bag to pipe the whipped cream into the shells. I split mine and spooned in the whipped cream.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment