Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What to call this??? How about.......Egg Pizza

Ok.....so it's not secret that I'm a Food Network junkie, I'll admit it. So I've watched a ton of food shows and seen a pizza with an egg on top a ton of times. Well Saturday mid afternoon Tattoo Man and I had just gotten home from a long morning of yard saling and we were starving. You know when you just go back and forth from the frig to the freezer to the pantry and nothing is jumping out at you?? Well this is what happened to me that day.

Well then I opened the freezer for like the tenth time and I notice the whole wheat pita just sitting there staring at me. So I'm thinking.....ok....pita....now what?? And different things go through my mind...hummus.....egg salad....tuna....pizza....hey back the truck up....PIZZA!!! But I didn't have any sauce.....so I'm thinking some more and I had a flash back of Triple D where they put an egg on the pizza and I thought....eeeehhhh.....lets give it a whirl.

So I threw together this little number and I ate it again today cuz I love it sooooo much!! I hope you give it a try because it really is delicious!!

1 whole wheat Pita bread
4 slices of fresh tomato
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
pinch of season salt
pinch of italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350. Place pita on baking sheet. Next place tomatoes and then cover the whole pita with mozzarella cheese. Now crack egg carefully in the center of pizza. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how done you like your egg. I like mine with the yoke still runny. These are very tasty!!

2 comments:

  1. I love simple yet delishious food. Sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a lovely feeling Ellie? When use take a few simple things and make something delicious? I just love that!! :)

    ReplyDelete