Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Bread (Sugar Free)

Ok....just because I made it sugar free doesn't mean you have to too. I am just always searching for sugar free alternatives! :) Adding cinnamon to this bread really takes it to a new level!! Next time I make it I'm gonna add a crumbly oatmeal topping too cuz I just think it would make it even more perfect!!

I've ordered some almond flour so next time I make this I'm also going to use that instead of whole wheat!! Oh and another substitution I used was coconut oil.....oh man...can I just tell ya you get that subtle taste of coconut in there....and it is sooooo good!!

  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 cup honey, agave, sugar or xylitol (I used xylitol)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup hot water
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, beat oil and whatever sweetener you decide to use together.
  3. Add eggs, and mix well.
  4. Stir in bananas and vanilla, then stir in flour, salt and cinnamon.
  5. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. This part is like a science experiment cuz it gets all fizzy and bubbly!!
  6. Spread batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
  7. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and swirl with a toothpick for a pretty marbled effect.
  8. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Be sure to check that the bread is done baking by inserting a toothpick in the top. It should come out clean.
  9. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing if you can wait that long.....I couldn't and sliced it after like 5 minutes. Oh well it was worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment