Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Strawberry Banana Whole Wheat Scones

These made me happy!! Sometimes you just need something sweet and warm and these surely took care of that for me!! I also made these sugar free, because I used xylitol. I also used fresh berries because I just like to do that rather than use frozen. :)

I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did!!

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used xylitol)
1 1/2 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rolled oats, plus more for tops
11 T cold butter
6 T milk (I used almond milk)
1 mashed ripe banana
3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
1 egg, beaten
sugar to sprinkle on top

In a large bowl combine flour through oats then cut in cold butter with pastry blender. (or fork or your fingers or food processor) When well blended and looks sandy, add milk and banana until mixed well. Fold in Strawberries. Pour dough onto floured surface and flatten into a rectangle about 1"thick. Cut into four sections and then in half. Cut each square into triangles. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar and oats. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. These look excellent. Love the fact you made them sugar free, I've been replacing sugar for many of my baked goods and they turn out really well. Thanks for the great recipes...making these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete