Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chicken w/Tomato & Tomatillo Salsa

This is going to be one of a several part series. I would tell you how many parts......but I just don't know yet!! So bear with me.......

Tonight I'm making chicken burritos for dinner, sounds easy enough right? Well........I like to be difficult...just ask my husband!! This salsa that I cooked the chicken in came out sooooo good I keep pausing my typing and going to take a bite!! :)

Anyways....back to my being difficult....I'm also making, homemade refried beans, homemade guacamole, and some sauteed bell peppers and onions to put in the burritos. Not to mention grating cheese and making a little cilantro and onion mixture!!

6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 roma tomatoes, seeded
5 tomatillo's washed
6 cloves of garlic, or less if that's too much for you, but I love garlic
1/2 of an onion
2 canned green chile's
1 chipotle pepper
1 T of chicken bouillon or just add salt to taste
1 qt of water

You can do this two ways. You can throw everything above in a large saucepan and cook it until the chicken is cooked through. Then remove chicken and add the sauce mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. OR you can put all the ingredients except the chicken in a pot and boil until the tomatoes are mush, then blend, then add chicken and cook until cooked through. Lastly, shred the chicken and add back to sauce. Whichever way floats your boat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment