Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Most Wonderful Healthy Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!

I found a recipe for healthy chocolate chip cookies and then I made them even healthier!! I cant even begin to tell you how tasty they were.....my teenagers couldn't even tell they were healthy for you!!!!! Since the beginning of Jan the hubs and I have been following a no sugar diet......but sometimes you just need something sweet!! So......why not be creative and tweak recipes to work for you!!

1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c. unbleached AP flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats (finely ground)
1/2 c. pecans (finely ground)
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. Xylitol (or regular sugar if you are not watching your sugar intake)
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c sugar free chocolate chips (all I had was sf hersheys mini's so I chopped them up, again if you want you can use fully leaded chips ;) )

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In your food processor put oats and nuts and process until ground. In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients, then add nut and oat mixture. Stir until all combined. In another bowl combine butter, sugar, and vanilla and add to dry ingredients. Mix until combined then stir in chocolate. I made large cookies so I put golf ball sized dough balls on my baking sheet, but you could definitely make smaller ones and get more cookies. Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment