Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Potato Broccoli Cheddar Soup...makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!



As Winnie the Pooh once said......"It's a blustery day." With blustery days comes......can you guess?? Come on you can do it......HONEY.....oops....sorry that would be Winnie the Pooh's answer....I meant SOUP!!!!

Then the next question was....what kind of soup?? Something think and creamy and rich and tasty but yet filling. That's when I decided potato, broccoli and cheddar cheese. I also made quesadilla's to go along with it, they make great dippers!! This soup is souper easy.....get it 'souper' ooohh...maybe I should change the title to 'Souper Easy Potato Broccoli Cheddar Soup' I think that's a catchy title, don't you think??

Anyways, it really is easy to make. There are very few ingredients and they are mostly ones you would have on hand!! Good luck and happy soup!!

3 peeled and diced potatoes
4 cups of chopped broccoli
4-10 cloves or garlic depending on your liking of garlic ( I might of put 11)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 cups of chicken stock/broth
1/2-1 cup heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2

In a large stock pot place potatoes, broccoli, garlic and cover with stock/broth. Bring to a boil and let cook for about 20 min until veggies are pretty much mush. I used my emulsion blender, but if you don't have one place in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add cheese and cream or 1/2 and 1/2 until cheese is melted, stirring often. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment