Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shrimp Tacos.......ain't nothin' fishy about that!!!

Yet again....here is a dish you can make a ton of different ways, and I have made it a ton of different ways. But this is how I made it this time!! I really enjoyed the sour cream sauce that I put on the shrimp, it was very tasty!! And also I will give you my famous recipe for guacamole. I've been told by some that it is the best they have ever had. Remember when making guacamole....less is more and if you are adding any creamy stuff (mayo or sour cream) THAT IS A BIG NO NO!! Keep it fresh!!

Taco night comes about twice a week at our house, we really enjoy the freshness and variety of taco's and beside that there are endless possibilities!!! Later this week we are having fish taco's....so I will post that recipe too!!

1 1/2 lbs of cooked shrimp (you can cook them however you like steam, fry, bake, boil)
2 cups shredded lettuce
12 corn tortillas fried to the crispiness you desire

Pico de Gallo

2 tomatoes diced
1/2 cup cilantro, washed and diced fine
1 T fresh lime juice
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 clove garlic, grated on microplace or chopped fine
salt to taste

Mix all ingredients well set aside.

Guacamole

2 avocados
1 T cilantro, washed and chopped
2 tsp lime juice
1 T red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, grated on microplane or diced fine
salt to taste

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix around with a spoon. Do not mush, leave some chunks of avocado!!

Sour Cream Sauce

1 cup sour cream
1 T hot sauce (I use Franks cuz I love it!!)
1 T cilantro, washed and chopped
1 lime juiced

Mix all ingredients well. Toss in shrimp until evenly coated.

Assemble tacos. Take a cooked shell and put a spoon full of shrimp. Top with lettuce, guacamole and pico de gallo. Eat!!

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of kicking up my sour cream, what I great idea. I also love Frank's hot sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes Ellie....kick it up!! :) There are so many possibilities and you can kick up mayo too!!!!

    ReplyDelete