Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Carmelized Onion & Baked Potato Stuffed Mushrooms

So tattoo man told me the other day that he had thought of a recipe to try but then forgot what it was.......um.....that is sooooo hot!! And can I just say how wonderful it is that he is sooooo supportive and cooperative with me over this blog and the time I spend coming up with recipes and preparing them and photographing them!! I just love him!! So.....I shared with him what I do when I come up with a recipe idea....I email it to myself so I will remember it!! 

That is what I did the other night when I was laying in bed and thought of this one. How bad could mushrooms be that are stuffed with caramelized onions, bacon and potatoes??? Um.....not bad at all!! So....here is my recipe....now mind you I was just putting stuff in the pan so I will try to give you the best measurements I can!! Ready....set....COOK!!!!

2 potatoes, cooked (I just put mine in the micro and zap them for like 8 minutes)
1 medium onion, sliced in thin rounds
2 cloves garlic, grated on micro plane
5 slices of bacon, chopped into pieces
1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
1/2 tsp season salt (more or less depending on taste)
10 mushrooms, stems removed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan

In a large frying pan fry bacon and onions until onions are golden brown and caramelized. Then add all the remaining ingredients except mushrooms and cheddar cheese. Mash and mix completely. Using a spoon, scoop heaping amounts of the potato mixture into each mushrooms. Top with grated cheese, dividing the half cup evenly among the potatoes. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. http://ilovetocook-ellie.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blog-award.html :) Passing on the Stylish Blog Award to You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie.....You have no idea how much I appreciate you!!! =) Truley and really I do!!

    ReplyDelete