Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Kicked Up Cornbread

I have a confession.......I am addicted to cornbread!! I just love it. I love that it's sweet yet salty and moist and I love to spread butter on it when it's still steaming........excuse me for just a.......................................

Sorry about that....I'm back now.....I hope you can forgive me...but as I was typing I kept looking at the picture, then I glanced over on my counter...and well....there is this big piled high plate of cornbread...and I had to eat another piece. ;) But I'm all good now....I'm here for the rest of the post...I promise!!

So due to the fact that I do LOVE cornbread, I am always down to try a way to make it. This is definitely a keeper, and I recommend that you all try it, BECAUSE I SAID SO......THAT'S WHY!!! Oh...sorry....all of a sudden I could just hear one of my kids asking....."Wwwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyy" in that whiny sorta voice....moms out there you know the one!! ;)

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar, scant
  • 4 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups cream style corn
  • 1/2 cup (small can) crushed pineapple, drained well and squeezed
  • 1 cup shredded jack or mild cheddar cheese
  • 1 small can green chile's

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Butter and flour a 9″ square baking dish. 
Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and set aside.  In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  (The mixture may appear curdled at some point, and that is OK.)  Add the corn, pineapple, cheese, green chile's and mix to blend.  On low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
Bake until a tester is clean and the cornbread is golden brown on top, about 40 min.  Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. fun recipes but your font just kills me. it hurts my eyes along with the various colors. a shame since you have to READ the recipe to actually make what you are posting about.

    ReplyDelete