Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Coconut Shrimp

It may sound complicated.....but it's really not! Don't be scerd....you should try it!! The dipping sauce I made was surprisingly delicious too. I don't know if I can tell you the recipe though....cuz I just kinda started throwing stuff in a bowl......soooo.......you might not get that recipe, but you can make up your own sauce.

1 lb 31/40 shrimp, peeled, deviened and cleaned (or larger size)
1 1/2 cups flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened, which is a finer grind to it, but you can use sweetened)
2 tsp season salt, divided
oil for frying

Heat oil in a deep pan or deep fryer. You will need 3 separate bowls for dipping (I used pie plates) one for flour, one for egg mixture, and one for panko mixture. In the first pan put flour and 1 tsp of season salt, mix well. In the next pan beat eggs with milk and 1/2 tsp season salt. In the third pan put panko, coconut and remaining 1/2 tsp season salt. First put cleaned shrimp into flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture. Finally move to panko mixture, covering shrimp completely with panko/coconut mixture. Carefully drop shrimp into hot oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Here is what I put in my dipping sauce....but I don't have measurements. :)

apricot jam, little bit of mayo, mustard, asian garlic chili sauce, garlic, honey, coconut, and a dash of rice wine vinegar. May the force be with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment