Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Nectarine, Raspberry and Chicken Salad w/ Citrus Vinaigrette

*Doing a happy dance* Isn't this gorgeous????? I just love the colors!! I had some leftover chicken from last night (see previous recipe) and I had seen a recipe that was a nectarine chicken salad, but it called for mayonnaise and mixing it all together and that just didn't sound appealing to me today. Soooooo.....I decided to go with the concept, but make it my own. Here is what I came up with and the citrus vinaigrette was a bright added touch!!

Now, tattoo man being my food critic, said he didn't love the celery. He thought I should have used carrots instead. But...me....I thought the celery was great!! So....you can take it or leave it.....the real stars of this salad are the fruit, chicken and dressing as far as I'm concerned!!

Serves 2

1 1/2 cups of diced cooked chicken (I used leftovers, but you can cook 2 boneless skinless breasts)
1 nectarine, cut into 1" pieces
4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
2 T sliced red onion
1 celery stalk, diced
1/4 cup almonds, chopped or sliced
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

First place lettuce in a bowl, then top with chicken, onion, nectarine, raspberries, celery and almonds. Pour vinaigrette over top and serve!!



Vinaigrette
2 oranges juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried herbs from pantry (anything that sounds good)
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove grated garlic
2 tsp honey

Put all ingredients in a container that has a good sealing lid and shake the snot out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment