Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chocolate Cobbler





Ummmm........need I say more??? Chocolate and cobbler....who knew they went so well together!!! I got this recipe from a one of the nicest ladies I know. She mentioned on her facebook page that she was eating chocolate cobbler and I messaged her and told her....I MUST HAVE THIS RECIPE!!! I just had to try it....I'd never even heard of this until a week ago......now.....I'm addicted!!! Thank you Diana!!!!

1 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
7 T cocoa powder
1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 c milk
1/3 c melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c hot tap water

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, 3/4 c of the sugar and 3 T of cocoa. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla to flour mixture. Mix until smooth.

Pour mixture into ungreased 8 inch baking dish. In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining sugar (1/2 cup) 4 T cocoa powder and brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all of it. DO NOT STIR.
Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set.
Let stand for a few minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream!!

2 comments:

  1. This blog is so great, Brie!! So cute too! Love it! So glad you enjoyed the cobbler! I am addicted too! :)

    ReplyDelete