Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Not Baked Beans


K......so I was throwing a birthday party for a friend and we were having bbq chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, green salad, and garlic bread......and I was thinking......is that going to be enough food for 20 people?? Cuz you know....that's what us food people do. So I decided to make beans. But the dilemma was...what kind?? Chili or sweet beans?? I've made chili hundreds of times.....as a matter of fact that reminds me, I have a recipe I made up....I'll post that soon!! ANYWAYS....I decided to go with 'baked beans' I use that term loosely!! I don't know if its just me, or what...but I've never really had great success with "baked" beans. So I decided to go with "Not" Baked Beans. Check out the recipe!!

2 lbs Pinto Beans, washed
1/2 lb Bacon, cut to 1 inch pieces
1 Medium Onion, diced
8 Cloves of Garlic
1 1/2 cups Ketchup
salt to taste
2 T Chicken Bouillon Powder
1 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Molasses
salt to taste
Water
Put cleaned beans in a large stock pot and cover with water. Add onion, 3 cloves of garlic, and chicken bouillon powder. Boil for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. When beans are almost done add all other ingredients including remaining 5 cloves of garlic grated on the micro plane, cook until beans are tender. During the first 1-1/2 hours you may have to add more water.

These beans turned out to be a huge success!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment