Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal

Soooo......it's no secret......I love pumpkin.....pumpkin EVERYTHING!! Pie, cake, bread, pancakes, muffins, cookies....and the list goes on!! Well I was cruising the internet this morning and found a recipe for Pumpkin Risotto here and it made me think of oatmeal!! So I thought.....I wonder what it would taste like with pumpkin in it. Im sure other people have done the same thing.....but here is my version!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! This oatmeal came out so rich and thick and creamy and the pecans gave it a great texture. It would make a perfect Thanksgiving morning breakfast, or any fall day really!!

3 c old fashioned oats
1 c milk
2 c water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg, allspice and cloves
2 Tbl butter
1/4 c brown sugar (I used agave) or more to taste
dash of salt
pecans, chopped

Just put everything in the pot and bring to boil according to package directions.
Top with chopped pecans, butter and a drizzle of agave or more brown sugar, if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment