Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Paella......I cant believe I did it.........

 


Um hello....Paella!! I did it!! Yeah me!! It was super fly good!! I got myself a Paella pan today with my gift card from my bro and his wife. So I thought I'd give'r a try.....and it totally worked. I got online and checked out a bunch of different recipes and kinda combined them into one. I will definitely make it again and this is definitely something you can make for a crowd cause I got alot of stinkin leftovers!! Might not of been the best idea to make for just me and the kids....lol....oh well too late now!!
1 lb Sausage or Chorizo
3 Boneless skinless Chicken breast, cubed
1 lb Shrimp
1 lb Scallops
1 lb of another seafood, I used calamari rings but you can use whatever you want ie: clams or mussels
4 cups rice
6-8 cups water or broth
1/2 tsp saffron
salt, pepper, paprika and oregano to taste
1 can diced tomatoes
1 large onion diced
1/2 bunch of cilantro, diced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
Sprinkle raw chicken with paprika, oregano, salt and pepper to taste and drop in paella pan that has olive oil in it. Cook 1o minutes. Remove from pan and add sausage ( which should be precooked) cook for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Add onion, cilantro and garlic with more olive oil and fry for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and fry until caramelized. Add rice and fry for about 7 minutes. Add water/broth, salt (about 2 tsp) saffron and simmer for 10 minutes. Check to see if you need to add more water and cook for another 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add seafood and cook for another 10 minutes adding more water as necessary. Serve with fresh lime wedges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment